For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: newspapers
The July 25, 1896 issue begins to get more titillating as Banks’ POINTS OF VIEW segment berates the condition of the Scott County Jail, calling it an “abomination”, and stating it is “alive with vermin, many of these large enough … Continue reading
The second issue of The Weekly Outlook newspaper, dated Saturday July 18, 1896, highlighted a large bird’s-eye view of Davenport’s Tri-city Packing and Provision Company’s plant and grounds along with information on the company’s growth since its inception in 1893. … Continue reading
Once upon a gilded age in Davenport there were so many clubs and such an abundance of cultural activities and interests that a team of optimistic young writers chose to start their own publishing company, creating a twelve page weekly … Continue reading