Follow us on Instagram!
© The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library, 2007-2022. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: St. Luke’s Hospital
On December 7, 1869 the first patient entered the new Mercy Hospital situated on the outskirts of Davenport. Started by the Order of the Sisters of Mercy , the hospital and its grounds would play a pivotal role in the … Continue reading
The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center recently received a donation of postcards showing different buildings and scenes around Davenport over the years. The above postcard is a black and white photo of St. Luke’s Hospital taken around 1898. The building was formerly the Daniel … Continue reading
Today starts National Nurses Week. To honor these indispensable people, let’s take a look at the first nurses’ school in Davenport: When St. Lukes’s Hospital (now Genesis East) was first organized, it naturally had nurses on staff. But after only … Continue reading