For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: Military Records
June 28, 2014 marks the hundredth anniversary of the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand of Austria, heir apparent to the Austro-Hungarian Empire, whose death launched a series of political events that culminated in world-wide war. The date of his murder … Continue reading
On April 6, 1917, the United States declared war on Germany. On May 18, Congress passed the Selective Service Act, and every male resident of the United States between the ages of eighteen and forty-five, regardless of citizenship status, was … Continue reading
What with the thirteen American Colonies and their territories being mostly east of the Appalachian mountains in the late 1700s, it should come as little surprise that no Iowa soldiers fought in the Revolutionary War. But that doesn’t mean that our ancestors didn’t … Continue reading