For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: family histories
In late August and early September of 1925, Misses Wilma Zabel and Gertrude Koch of the Lincoln Township Go-Getters 4-H Club represented Scott County at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines. Their demonstration on the making of hooked rugs did … Continue reading
In honor of National Grandparents’ Day, which is held the first Sunday after Labor Day, we though we’d share this lovely Hostetler Studio photograph of William Phelps Kimball with his grandparents, Major Eugene Hayward and Ellen Phelps Hayward. Eugene B. … Continue reading
Because our Center can’t purchase every family history available, and because some family histories are beyond the reach of the usual library selection resources, we rely on donations—and the Scott County Genealogy Society—to keep our collection of nine-twenty-nine-point twos* thriving. … Continue reading