For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build a Better Davenport: Improve Second Street!
- Build a Better Davenport: The Mueller Lumber Company
- Build a Better Davenport: Temple and Burrows Architects
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
Tag Archives: Civil War
Anyone who has gone far enough along Main has passed it– but how many of us have taken the time to look at the large stone memorial in the middle of the street or think twice about why it stands … Continue reading
Part One On February 22, 1876 one of the first truly disastrous fires in Davenport began when fourteen buildings, including what was known as Hill’s Block, went up in flames. In less than two hours, a half block of Brady … Continue reading