For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
Tag Archives: City Cemetery
The Beiderbecke name has been made internationally famous due to the talent and success of jazz musician Bix Beiderbecke. Locally, though, the Beiderbecke name has been well-known in the area since 1856 when Charles Beiderbecke, Bix’s grandfather, moved to Davenport … Continue reading
We may have posted The Flood of 1870: Bridging the gap between memories and measurements a bit too soon. Apparently, instead of celebrating no floods in 2014, we should have celebrated no spring floods. The summer flood of 2014 crested less than a week … Continue reading