Still using the old OverDrive app? The time is upon you to switch to the newer Libby app.
The old OverDrive app will become inactive at the end of April. Downloading the Libby app takes just a few minutes. There is no impact to your account. The items that you have checked out and on hold will be there in the Libby app.
To use on a mobile device, you may need to update your Smartphone software. Ensure your device is running at least:
- Android 4.4+ (you’ll also need Chrome, not the stock Android web browser)
- iOS 10+
- Fire OS 4.5.4+
To download Libby to a Smartphone:
- Go to your App Store.
- Search for the words “Libby” and “OverDrive.”
- Download the app.
- Enter your App Store password to install the app on your device.
- The app will ask you to associate your account with a library. Search for “Davenport” or “RiverShare.” (Be careful. Be certain to select Davenport, IOWA.)
- Enter your library card number into the app.
After that, you should be good-to-go!
If you use a laptop or desktop to access OverDrive, you may still use OverDrive Read in your favorite browser. OverDrive Read is compatible with: Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
The end of April is fast approaching. Spend the time today to ensure you’ll be able to checkout in May!