HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS FOR FAMILIES IN THE QUAD CITIES
The November Resource Spotlight highlights programs offering holiday assistance to families in the Quad Cities. Registration is currently open for most of these programs, providing Quad City families the opportunity to manage their budgets during this period and address urgent needs. Below is a list of current programs providing holiday assistance.
TOYS FOR TOTS QUAD CITIES – October 1- November 24, 2023
The 2023 online request for toys started on October 1 and will end November 24.
- Children must be 6 months -12 years old to register.
- You must be a resident of one of the following counties: Scott, Muscatine, Clinton, Rock Island, Mercer and Henry Counties.
- After submitting an online application, you must verify in-person with your ID and children’s birth certificates
- Verification is open Fridays and Saturdays from 9 am – 6 pm starting on October 20th until December 2nd. (Closed on November 10 & 11)
- Verification office address: 1 Montgomery Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Toy Application Information:
- Sunday October 1: Online Toy Application Opens
- Friday, October 20: In-person verification begins
- Friday November 24: Online toy application closes
- Saturday, December 2nd: In-person verification ends.
Toy Distribution Days:
Friday December 8 – 9 am – 7 pm
Saturday December 9 – 8 am – 4 pm
Saturday, December 16 – 8 am – 4 pm
Sunday, December 17 – 9 am – 7 pm
For more information, email email@example.com or call 563-296-3842
FRIENDLY HOUSE FOOD AND GIFT BASKETS – November 6-10, 2023
- Available to residents whose address is within the following area: Lincoln Ave to Brady Street and South of Central Park Ave. (West of Brady street, South of Central Park Avenue, East of Lincoln and Elmwood Avenues)
- You must bring a photo ID, proof of address and Social Security card for everyone in your household.
- Applications are taken the first week of November for December distribution.
- Gifts are available for children 16 and under.
- November 6-10 from 9:30 am – 11:30 am and 1:30 pm to 3 pm.
- Wednesday, December 15 from 9 am – 10:30 am.
For more information, please visit Friendly House website or call 563-323-1821 x17.
MLK CENTER ANNUAL CHILDREN’S HOLIDAY GIFT
- Children must be within ages 3 years to 12 years old residing in the Quad Cities
- Must have picture ID to pick up gifts.
- Identification must match the parent/Guardian name on the registration form.
Gift Distribution Dates:
- Thursday, December 14, 2023 – 1 pm – 5 pm
- Friday, December 15, 2023 – 1 pm – 5 pm
- Saturday, December 16, 2023 – 1 pm – 5 pm
Registration is now open, click here to register!
For more information, contact MLK Center at 309-732-2999.
SALVATION ARMY CHRISTMAS ASSISTANCE – November 1-24, 2023
- Applications are now being accepted at the Davenport and Moline Salvation Army locations through November 24.
- Families can get toys for children up to age 15 and holiday food boxes
- Make an appointment by calling 563-324-4808 for Scott County Residents and 309-764-2811 for Rock Island County residents.
For more information please visit Salvation Army or call 563-324-4808.
ST ANTHONY’S CHURCH – HYVEE VOUCHERS FOR THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS
- Thanksgiving vouchers distributed on November 14, 2023 – 9 am to 12 pm.
- Christmas vouchers will be distributed on December 12, 2023 9 am to 12 pm.
- Be a Davenport Resident
- Bring an ID or a piece of mail showing your address.