KINNA’S HOUSE OF LOVE
This month, we’re shining the spotlight on an extraordinary organization dedicated to spreading love and support in the Quad Cities. Kinna’s House of Love is on a mission to assist those facing various challenges, including homelessness, domestic violence, sex trafficking, rape, and trauma. This organization’s driving force is its founder’s passion and her own experiences with sex trafficking, homelessness, and abuse. Her ultimate vision is to create a compassionate and inclusive society where everyone is valued and treated equally, free from judgment. More importantly, she aims to establish a safe and secure environment for those dealing with abuse.
To achieve these goals, Kinna’s House of Love offers a range of programs and services:
- Kinna’s Corner: A safe place for children and teenagers at risk of physical or sexual abuse. Kinna’s Corner provides therapeutic activities such as art therapy and play therapy. High school students can also benefit from programs focused on financial planning, budgeting, problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Coats and Hygiene Drive: Kinna’s House of Love conducts coat and hygiene drives to assist individuals experiencing homelessness. The Davenport Public Library is partnering with Kinna’s House of Love for a Coat Drive through November 20th, 2023. The donated items will be distributed at the Winter Wellness Event at the Davenport Public Library | Main on December 4th, 2023, from 10 AM to 12 PM. Please consider donating winter items such as coats, gloves, and socks at 318 E 7th Street. For drop-off arrangements, please call 563-200-8064.
- Home-Cooked Meals: Kinna collaborates with various organizations and restaurants to provide home-cooked meals for those at the shelter. These meals are available every Sunday at the Corner of Vine and 5th Street. This is important because most organizations serving meals to those at shelters are closed on Sundays. Kinna’s House of Love also ensures shelter members receive meals during holidays.
- Job Fairs: Kinna partners with other organizations to organize job fairs for adults, offering job-seeking assistance and programs to eliminate employment barriers.
- Expungement Clinics: Through a partnership with Iowa Legal Aid, Kinna’s House of Love hosts expungement clinics to help individuals with criminal records overcome barriers to employment.
Kinna’s House of Love is at 318 E 7th Street, Ste 205, Davenport, IA 52802. To learn more about their programs and services, please visit their website at www.kinnashouseoflove.com or call at 563-200-8064.