For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Now Available: The Port Byron Globe Newspaper
Tag Archives: snow
We decided to blog this week about the weather because after a winter of freezing cold and permanent snow . . . it’s still cold and still snowing. And while that makes us a little sad, we thought it was … Continue reading
For those of us who feel that modern society has forgotten common courtesy, it appears that people felt the same way over a hundred years ago: From the Davenport Democrat, February 10, 1885: The Way to the Hitching Post “People who … Continue reading
Groundhog Day 2011 in the Quad Cities might be interesting as almost a foot of snow is predicted to fall from Tuesday afternoon into Groundhog Day Wednesday. Extreme cold and high winds should also add to the predicted weather event. … Continue reading
Local children are currently doing their best to sled in the Quad City area. The existing snow is beginning to wear thin though, with the fresh white blanket beginning to mix with the dark browns of soil and old leaves. All eyes … Continue reading