For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
Tag Archives: Musicians
The Quad City Symphony Orchestra, or the QCSO, is celebrating its 100th anniversary! This makes the group one of only twenty longest-established, continuously operating orchestral associations in the United States. That’s a big deal! Many orchestras may claim a longer history, but … Continue reading
On October 7 of 1883, three women met in the Episcopal rectory on 3rd Street to enjoy a musical afternoon. Celeste Fejervary, who was trained in voice, organ, and piano, Miss Gertrude Wilkinson, who also sang, and Mrs. David Garrett, … Continue reading
Among our collections of genealogies and local histories, death records and newspaper abstracts hides a different kind of historical resource: Musical scores. In Special Collections, we have several catalogued scores, most of which have local connections, from Davenport by Alfred … Continue reading