While looking through our collections this week we came across this picture labelled
“National Defense Program”
Aluminum Drive – July 24 -25, 1941
We thought we would we share the memory. The photo appears to be of Boy Scouts and employees of what would now be called the Public Works Department of the City of Davenport.
The building on the left hand side appears to be the Municipal Tool House which was located at 521 S. Howell Street in Davenport.
Maybe a reader might recognize some of the participants?
Please let us know!
(posted by Amy D.)