Posts Tagged ‘art contest’
Sunday’s 2nd Annual Anime Fest at the Figge was a great time. The place was packed with teens from all over the area. Enjoy these pics of the winning artwork and characters from the cosplay fashion show.
3rd place: Setsuka by Sari Moore.
2nd place: We Are United by Clayton Summers
1st place: Twin Mimi by Victoria Meyer
3rd place winner–cosplay fashion show
2nd place winner–cosplay fashion show
1st place winner–cosplay fashion show
The winning artwork was selected by the teen librarians and Figge representatives. The cosplay fashion show was judged by the teen audience. All winners received gift cards to Hobby Lobby. Congrats to all the participants!
Anime Fest 2009
Sunday, October 18th 12-4 p.m.
@ the Figge Art Museum
Quad-Cities Libraries and the Figge Art Museum are organizing the second annual Teen Anime Fest and Manga Art Show!
- An area for swapping manga & anime.
- A cosplay mask creation station
- A cosplay cat ear and tail creation station
- Japanese tea served by Mojo’s
- Candy sushi making
- Sales booth of your favorite manga & anime supplied by Borders
- Viewing of episodes of our favorite anime
- A martial arts demonstration by the John Morrow–Academy of Martial Arts
- Anime Music Video Contest (Max entries is 2 & please bring the URL’s of your videos. Please keep them PG-13)
- Cosplay contest (feel free to wear your costume to the event)
- Art contest
Look for all the Manga Art Contest details/entry forms in tomorrow’s post.