For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: Valentine’s Day
While researching recently, we came across what looked like a wonderful Valentine’s Day blog about love. It was only while doing further research we found it was more a case of love gone wrong. On February 6, 1920 The Davenport … Continue reading
Valentine’s Day is for couples, so what better way to celebrate than by sharing some of the lovely photographs of Davenport couples taken by the Hostetler Studios? Dr. William A. & Sadie Benadom, [ca. 1905] Dr. Benadom owned and managed … Continue reading
St. Valentine’s Day is a day to show your feelings of love and friendship. Children and grown-ups send nice, sweet valentines that can brighten up someone’s day. Roses are Red, Violets are Blue… But valentines were not always nice and … Continue reading
Valentine’s Day is a time of romance. We think about flowers, candy, and cards non-stop for weeks in advance (probably thanks to the many commercials and ads we see). The legacy of Valentine’s Day was already well-known in the United … Continue reading