For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Now Available: The Port Byron Globe Newspaper
Tag Archives: Susan Glaspell
George Cram Cook was born in Davenport on October 7, 1873, to a prominent, respectable family. His parents sent their son to be formally educated not only at Harvard, but at the universities in Heidelberg and Geneva. They were hoping … Continue reading
THE WEEKLY OUTLOOK — DEVOTED TO HOME & OUTING LIFE, LITERATURE, ART, MUSIC & THE DRAMA (Volume 1 Number 7 —August 22, 1896) SOCIAL LIFE It’s been a long, hot summer and it would seem that the folks at The Weekly … Continue reading
The July 25, 1896 issue begins to get more titillating as Banks’ POINTS OF VIEW segment berates the condition of the Scott County Jail, calling it an “abomination”, and stating it is “alive with vermin, many of these large enough … Continue reading
Once upon a gilded age in Davenport there were so many clubs and such an abundance of cultural activities and interests that a team of optimistic young writers chose to start their own publishing company, creating a twelve page weekly … Continue reading