For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Now Available: The Port Byron Globe Newspaper
Tag Archives: Students
The month of May is passing quickly this year and – as usual – the end of school is suddenly upon us. For many, this will include the excitement of high school graduation. We wanted to take a moment to … Continue reading
In June of this year, around 883 students graduated from our three Davenport high schools. In contrast, eighty-eight students received their diplomas from Davenport High School in June of 1912. It was one of the largest classes on record, and only … Continue reading
On June 20, 1912, students from 12 grammar schools in Davenport received diplomas. Due to the large number of graduates that year, the classes were split in two groups. Students from Washington, Monroe, Van Buren, Tyler, Taylor and Lincoln schools had their program at 10:00 … Continue reading
In June of this year, around 970 students graduated from our three Davenport high schools. In contrast, ninety-two students received their diplomas from Davenport High School in June of 1911. This marked the first time that graduates from both semesters were … Continue reading