For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
Follow us on Instagram!
- 40 Years Ago: The Annie Wittenmyer Branch of the Davenport Public Library
- Tracking the Tracts: Researching the World War I Government Housing Project in Davenport
- A Celebration of Spring: Blooms of the Past
- The Sarsfield Guards: The first bi-state St. Patrick’s Parades
- 1910: “Alien” Women Arrive in Davenport
© The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library, 2007-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: State Historical Society of Iowa
This is an update on an earlier post about the State-Level Death records that are available at the State Historical Society in Des Moines. The State Historical Society of Iowa has been slowly adding counties to the index for those … Continue reading
As genealogists with 20th century Iowa relatives know, Iowa law did not require births, marriages and deaths to be recorded at the county level between 1920 and 1941. These records were sent directly to the State. Although many clerks did … Continue reading