For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build a Better Davenport: The Mueller Lumber Company
- Build a Better Davenport: Temple and Burrows Architects
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
Tag Archives: St. Mary’s Catholic Church
While the holiday season is known for its colorful lights and joyful atmosphere, many of us find the hustle and bustle to be a little stressful as well. While we like to imagine that holidays past were more peaceful, we … Continue reading
Stories of ghostly lights on railroad tracks may be found all around the United States, and Davenport is no different. In January 1876, the Davenport Daily Gazette covered the adventures of our own ghostly railroad specter. It may have been … Continue reading