For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: St. Luke’s Hospital
On December 7, 1869 the first patient entered the new Mercy Hospital situated on the outskirts of Davenport. Started by the Order of the Sisters of Mercy , the hospital and its grounds would play a pivotal role in the … Continue reading
The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center recently received a donation of postcards showing different buildings and scenes around Davenport over the years. The above postcard is a black and white photo of St. Luke’s Hospital taken around 1898. The building was formerly the Daniel … Continue reading
Today starts National Nurses Week. To honor these indispensible people, let’s take a look at the first nurses’ school in Davenport: When St. Lukes’s Hospital (now Genesis East) was first organized, it naturally had nurses on staff. But after only … Continue reading