For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: Soldiers
In honor of Veterans Day we have chosen to post a few photographs from World War I that reside in the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center image collections. Our first photograph is of Major Arthur M. Compton. He was born in Davenport, … Continue reading
June 28, 2014 marks the hundredth anniversary of the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand of Austria, heir apparent to the Austro-Hungarian Empire, whose death launched a series of political events that culminated in world-wide war. The date of his murder … Continue reading
Jackson Edward Hirschl was born near Ogden, in Boone County, Iowa on February 6th, 1890. His parents, Felix and Mary E. (Willi) Hirschl, moved the family to Davenport when he was 2 years old. He was educated in the Davenport … Continue reading