For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
Tag Archives: Social Organizations
Hilda Amalia Mueller Matthey was born in Davenport on July 16, 1869 to Christian and Elfrieda Mueller. She married Dr. Heinrich Emil Matthey on March 3, 1890, at her parents’ home on 530 Ripley Street. They made their home at … Continue reading →
Once upon the 1880s, in a beautiful brick Italian Villa at 709 Brown Street, lived William and Minnie Wiese, who were known for their love of travel, music, and community. Their daughter Edna was born in 1887 with another, Norma, … Continue reading →