For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Now Available: The Port Byron Globe Newspaper
Tag Archives: Ship Disaster
The S. S. Schiller sailed away from Hoboken, New Jersey in fine weather. The Davenport group settled into their respective cabins or steerage areas. Mr. Kircher, Mrs. Klemme, Mrs. Hansen and daughter, Mr. Paulsen, Carl (Charles) Frahm, William Frahm, and … Continue reading
Another party of Germans leave this city on Friday evening for a visit to their native land. They will remain in New York city until Tuesday, when they will sail on one of the Eagle Line of steamers for Hamburg. … Continue reading