For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
Tag Archives: Sesquicentennial
The Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Davenport is celebrating their 150th birthday! The November 30, 1865 issue of the Davenport Daily Gazette published the first of many articles focused on the church. The note said that a group of African Methodists … Continue reading
On July 12, 1861 Senator James W. Grimes of Illinois presented Bill S. 19 in the United States Senate. It read as follows: A Bill To establish a national armory on Rock Island, in the State of Illinois. Be it … Continue reading