For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
Tag Archives: Schuetzen Park
As our thoughts turn to Fourth of July we are sharing an advertisement for a celebration that provided entertainment for the whole family. Taken from the July 2, 1890 Davenport Daily Times included in the day were a Reunion of Old Soldiers, … Continue reading
We have blogged in the past about west Davenport subjects, including Fairmount Cemetery, which was named in a contest, Scheutzen Park with its fabled fairy lights, and the fun of the Mississippi Valley Fair. Today, we’re adding another west Davenport … Continue reading
Imagine a fairyland of delights only a trolley’s ride away from the center of the city’s downtown, a welcome escape from the heat, dust and smells of summer in a crowded river city. Imagine families picnicking in the cool shade … Continue reading