For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: Postcards
The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center recently received a donation of postcards showing different buildings and scenes around Davenport over the years. The above postcard is a black and white photo of St. Luke’s Hospital taken around 1898. The building was formerly the Daniel … Continue reading
And about time, too. Summer river outing, ca. 1890s This image shows nineteen people and one brave little boat sitting pretty low in the water, on a “Summer River Outing”, 1890’s style. This 4 x 6 inch postcard is part of our … Continue reading