For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Now Available: The Port Byron Globe Newspaper
Tag Archives: Palmer College of Chiropractic
Recently, as we were searching for an obituary in the Davenport Democrat for December 17, 1922, we found an advertisement for the P.S.C Cafeteria at the “top of Brady Street Hill.” Naturally, we were curious. With a little further searching, … Continue reading
Something not so spooky, but pretty spectacular happened on October 31, 1949. Without a ribbon cutting or speeches, another brain child of B. J. Palmer (of chiropractic fame) came to life. On that day, a television signal from Palmer’s WOC-TV … Continue reading