For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build a Better Davenport: The Mueller Lumber Company
- Build a Better Davenport: Temple and Burrows Architects
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
Tag Archives: Native Americans
The Main Street location of the Davenport Public Library will be closed until December 26th for renovations. That means our Special Collections Center will also be closed. You will still be able to access all the genealogical and local history … Continue reading
This year marks the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Credit Island, which took place during the War of 1812, on the fourth and fifth of September 1814. Special Collections will be participating in the city’s commemoration of this event … Continue reading
Many of our blog posts in the past year have involved the Civil War period, in honor of the 150th anniversary of the event. One Civil War era primary resource in the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections archives is the City of Davenport … Continue reading
In its almost one hundred and seventy-five years, Davenport has had many national firsts. Some of these fill us with a sense of comfortable pride. Others do not. Genealogists and local historians may know that the Quad-City area was originally … Continue reading