For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build a Better Davenport: Improve Second Street!
- Build a Better Davenport: The Mueller Lumber Company
- Build a Better Davenport: Temple and Burrows Architects
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
Tag Archives: Mortality Schedules
Population was not the only information the United States government was interested in collecting during the decennial federal censuses. Non-population questions were equally important – and for we historians equally interesting! Over the years, these censuses included mortality, social statistics … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, we mentioned the addition of two new indexes to our collection of searchable databases. One of these was the Mortality Schedules for Scott County, Iowa. Mortality Schedules are the section of each Federal Census that provides … Continue reading
We are pround to announce that our searchable Local Index Databases have increased by two! The anticipated index for the Civil War Enlistment Papers is now up and running. As you may recall, these papers are for the men who volunteered for the … Continue reading