Tag Archives: Main Street

Riverfront Development: August 5, 1912

The creation of the Davenport Levee commission in 1911 changed the face of the city’s waterfront. By 1912 sewer projects and a new levee wall were being installed. The above photo is dated August 5, 1912 and shows a sewer installation … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment