For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: local authors
“I’ve set a lot of things in Iowa, and this is home. I know it, and I think you should always try to write about what you know . . . And also, there are a certain set of values … Continue reading →
It appears to be a well-kept secret that our Special Collections Center archives the work of local authors from Octave Thanet to Dick Stahl. The most current additions to our local author shelves include: Complicated Weather Poems by Ryan Collins, … Continue reading →