Tag Archives: Levee

Riverfront Development: August 5, 1912

The creation of the Davenport Levee commission in 1911 changed the face of the city’s waterfront. By 1912 sewer projects and a new levee wall were being installed. The above photo is dated August 5, 1912 and shows a sewer installation … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

A Moment to Remember: Armistice Day, 1925

The ghosts and goblins were gone and local turkeys were still being fattened up in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner. But Davenporters, and most of the world, were about to pause in their holiday preparations on to remember those who fought … Continue reading

Posted in Local History | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment