For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: John Nissen
The S. S. Schiller sailed away from Hoboken, New Jersey in fine weather. The Davenport group settled into their respective cabins or steerage areas. Mr. Kircher, Mrs. Klemme, Mrs. Hansen and daughter, Mr. Paulsen, Carl (Charles) Frahm, William Frahm, and … Continue reading
Another party of Germans leave this city on Friday evening for a visit to their native land. They will remain in New York city until Tuesday, when they will sail on one of the Eagle Line of steamers for Hamburg. … Continue reading