For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Now Available: The Port Byron Globe Newspaper
Tag Archives: Hospitals
The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center recently received a donation of postcards showing different buildings and scenes around Davenport over the years. The above postcard is a black and white photo of St. Luke’s Hospital taken around 1898. The building was formerly the Daniel … Continue reading
Every city experiences growing pains along the way, and Davenport, Iowa is no different. As population and businesses grew during the nineteenth century the city began to adapt. Davenport’s city council realized early on that two medical facilities to treat … Continue reading
Today starts National Nurses Week. To honor these indispensible people, let’s take a look at the first nurses’ school in Davenport: When St. Lukes’s Hospital (now Genesis East) was first organized, it naturally had nurses on staff. But after only … Continue reading