For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build a Better Davenport: The Mueller Lumber Company
- Build a Better Davenport: Temple and Burrows Architects
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
Tag Archives: Historic Houses and Sites
On the morning of May 2, 2013, Davenport’s history suffered a sad loss: the historic Credit Island Lodge was severely damaged by fire. Blueprints in the Richarson-Sloane Special Collections Center show the original plans were designed by Clausen & Kruse Architects located at 910 Kahl Building* … Continue reading