For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: Ghosts
Join us tonight at 7pm at the Fairmount Street Branch Library for a spooky talk from Terry Fisk, author of The Iowa Road Guide to Haunted Locations. Mr. Fisk’s book includes two entries for Davenport. One is on the “Banshee of … Continue reading
Stories of ghostly lights on railroad tracks may be found all around the United States, and Davenport is no different. In January 1876, the Davenport Daily Gazette covered the adventures of our own ghostly railroad specter. It may have been … Continue reading
Nowadays when you turn on the television you see many shows on haunted houses, especially during the month of October. This raised a question in my mind. Did things go bump in Davenport houses long ago? In the spirit of … Continue reading