For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build a Better Davenport: The Mueller Lumber Company
- Build a Better Davenport: Temple and Burrows Architects
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
Tag Archives: Fort Armstrong
Two hundred years ago this week, on May 10, 1816, the construction of Fort Armstrong began on the west side of what is now Arsenal Island. The Special Collection Center’s archival materials collection includes an early depiction of the fort: an engraving … Continue reading
On July 12, 1861 Senator James W. Grimes of Illinois presented Bill S. 19 in the United States Senate. It read as follows: A Bill To establish a national armory on Rock Island, in the State of Illinois. Be it … Continue reading