For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build a Better Davenport: The Mueller Lumber Company
- Build a Better Davenport: Temple and Burrows Architects
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
Tag Archives: Elections
At the municipal election on November 5th, 1957, the citizens of Davenport voted on a proposal to annex two separate areas totaling 28 square miles to the City of Davenport. The first area covered 11 square miles west of the … Continue reading
It is August in the Midwest and we all know without a doubt that the weather around here can be brutal (Heat Wave: 1936). There’s no need to dwell on the heat or the humidity. So today’s post will avoid the topic … Continue reading
Or, the finale to the slightly shady story of how Davenport became the county seat. Part Two: The Election(s) The 1837 legislature had made an effort to appoint county seats, but it was discovered that bribery had heavily influenced the nominations, so … Continue reading