For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Now Available: The Port Byron Globe Newspaper
Tag Archives: Davenport History
In September of 1910, the manufacturers of Davenport held the first “Made in Davenport” Exposition from Monday, September 12 to the following Saturday evening. According to an article in the Davenport Democrat on September 11, an ‘army of carpenters … Continue reading
Davenport has had its share of inventors over the years, including Alexander F. Victor, who held almost eighty patents for his film projecting equipment; William Voss, whose washing machines brought laundry to a whole new level, and Otto F. Rohwedder;* … Continue reading
The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center welcomes donations that enrich our local history collection, particularly from organizations that have thrived within our Quad City communities. Recently a donation of Contemporary Club papers came to us. The Contemporary Club was formed in … Continue reading