For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past
Tag Archives: Cookbooks
It’s a given in the Quad-Cities that if an organization or business is around long enough, it will produce a cookbook. Just look at the 641.5 shelves in our Special Collections Center and you’ll see decades worth of church cookbooks, … Continue reading
One of the oldest cookbooks in our collections is from the First Presbyterian Church in Davenport. Titled Cook Book, its pages are brittle and smudged with use. This item has no official copyright date, but there are a few clues to its … Continue reading
Although it’s well known—or should be—that our Special Collections Center archives the works of local authors, it appears that few of our patrons realize that this collection policy includes cookbooks produced by local organizations, schools, and businesses. One of the … Continue reading