For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Look Alike Day: The Putnam & Parker Buildings
- In Memoriam: Patricia L. Scott
- It’s Opening Day at Modern Woodmen Park Stadium, thanks to the Depression-era Dreams of the Davenport Levee Commission
- Walking Matches: A nineteenth century competitive sport
- Irish Resources for your St. Patrick’s Day Perusing Pleasure
Tag Archives: Cookbooks
It’s a given in the Quad-Cities that if an organization or business is around long enough, it will produce a cookbook. Just look at the 641.5 shelves in our Special Collections Center and you’ll see decades worth of church cookbooks, … Continue reading
One of the oldest cookbooks in our collections is from the First Presbyterian Church in Davenport. Titled Cook Book, its pages are brittle and smudged with use. This item has no official copyright date, but there are a few clues to its … Continue reading
Although it’s well known—or should be—that our Special Collections Center archives the works of local authors, it appears that few of our patrons realize that this collection policy includes cookbooks produced by local organizations, schools, and businesses. One of the … Continue reading