For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
Follow us on Instagram!
- 40 Years Ago: The Annie Wittenmyer Branch of the Davenport Public Library
- Tracking the Tracts: Researching the World War I Government Housing Project in Davenport
- A Celebration of Spring: Blooms of the Past
- The Sarsfield Guards: The first bi-state St. Patrick’s Parades
- 1910: “Alien” Women Arrive in Davenport
© The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library, 2007-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to The Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: City Hospital
Every city experiences growing pains along the way, and Davenport, Iowa is no different. As population and businesses grew during the nineteenth century the city began to adapt. Davenport’s city council realized early on that two medical facilities to treat … Continue reading
Genealogists are always hoping for new discoveries in records and the Davenport City Archives has produced for us again! Davenport actively maintained a “City Hospital” for a brief period of time in 1858 and 1859 and the City Physician. Dr. … Continue reading