For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build a Better Davenport: The Mueller Lumber Company
- Build a Better Davenport: Temple and Burrows Architects
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
Tag Archives: Bugged
(Part I may be found here; Part II may be found here; Part III is here) When last we left our less-than-happy band of Socialist politicians; the conservative socialists were worried about radicals taking over not only the Socialist Party, but also the … Continue reading →
(Part I may be found here; Part II may be found here, Part IV may be found here) Last we read, Socialist City Electrician Harry Strong was being fingerprinted and questioned by Police Chief Charles Boettcher in Mayor Charles Barewald’s office in connection … Continue reading →
(Part I may be found here, Part III may be found here, Part IV may be found here ) By January 1921, Davenporters were probably questioning the success of their first (and, so far, last) Socialist majority city council which had taken office … Continue reading →