Join Jim Jacobsen of History Pays! Historic Preservation Firm for his 2:45 presentation on the Civil War Rendezvous Camps of Davenport including Camps McClellan, Kearney, Jo Holt, Hendershott, Herron, and Roberts/Kinsman. Utilizing maps, drawings and meticulous research, Jacobsen ties together the personnel who gathered, the barracks they gathered in, the Sioux Indian prisoners held captive and the significance of each to the Civil War. Come for this presentation or for the whole day! Doors open 9:30 a.m. with programming all day long.
For your convenience, please explore our page of upcoming genealogical and local history events in the Quad-City area.
Be sure to mark these dates down in your own calendar!
- Build A Better Davenport: The Iowa Soldiers’ Orphans’ Home 1865 – 1975
- Build A Better Davenport: Gordon-Van Tine and the World War II Housing Boom
- Build A Better Davenport: The Hunzinger Construction Company
- A L’oste Davenport Vineyard is Found Again
- Davenport City Cemetery: Preserving and celebrating the past