Sure, it’s cold and miserable outside and it takes an extra 15 minutes to leave the house by the time you pull on hats and mittens and boots and coat and you’re beginning to think the color green is a figment of your imagination, but there are lots of reasons to love winter! Well ok, six reasons.
1. Indulge in favorite comfort foods – soups, sandwiches, casseroles. Check out the 641.5 section for cookbooks at the library.
2. Catch up on all those movies and television shows you’ve missed – the library has a huge selection and they’re free!
3. Plan your perfect garden – vegetable gardening books can be found in the 635 call number area and landscaping is in the 712s.
4. Embrace the season – try a new sport like snow shoeing or cross-country skiing. The library has sports how-to books in the 796 area that will help keep you upright.
6. Eagle watching. Cold weather brings the eagles to the open water of the Mississippi River, giving us a front row seat to one of nature’s most spectacular shows.
See? Not too shabby. Keep yourself occupied with something fun and the next thing you know – it’ll be spring!
What about you – what do you do to keep up your spirits through the last days of winter?