We’ve gotten a taste of springtime. That’s when mother nature melts away winter’s desolation to reveal your pets’ nasty lawn-offerings, and the creepy crawlies that have been festering in wait come alive.
PUNKS! Lots of them! This many in a month can not be a coincidence! Artistic relevance optional…
1) Blink 182’s drummer has a promising solo effort with various hip-hop artists
Travis Barker – Give the Drummer Some
2) Dropkick Murphys let their Boston-baked punk effort loose for proper staggering just days before custodians mop up half-digested Guiness stout at your local corporate Irish-themed pub.
Dropkick Murphys – Going Out in Style
3) Garage rock dressed like the Ramones for hipsters:
The Strokes – Angles
4) I guess?
Avril Lavigne – Goodbye Lullaby
5) As if it wasn’t destined for multiplatinum status, Billie Joe and Co. have impishly included half of a swear word on the cover for maximum fifth-grade shock value. Here’s crossing fingers that he tilts at the windmills of perceived authority and administers a remedial civics lesson over someone else’s obligatory three chords. I find that in his matured efforts he uses this hands-free specialization to focus his efforts on gesticulating, standing on speakers, and wearing eyeliner.
It worked on me 16 years ago, and he’ll do it for your high-schoolers today. Wait, that means they’re old enough to be my….. and that makes me…….. AWW MAN!!!!
6 and 7) I’m not familiar, but hey, let’s milk this for all we’ve got…
8) Their lead singer just got divorced from the gal in #4. My money is on lyrical combinations of life’s unfairness, pain, and unrequited love.