COME ONE COME ALL to the Davenport Public Library – Fairmount Street (3000 N. Fairmount Street) for an evening of entertainment and laughs as we present Pictionary Night! Sign-up as a team or we can place you in a group. If you like to doodle or draw, if you love to guess what people are drawing, or if you just like to get a good laugh then this night is for you!
Pictionary Night is part of the Davenport Public Library Summer Reading Program entitled “Be Creative @ Your Library.” Pictionary Night will be held every Tuesday evening at 6:30 p.m. from June 16 through August 4 at the Fairmount Street Library! Light refreshments will be provided. For more information call us at (563) 326-7832 or visit us online at www.davenportlibrary.com.
- We have 8 teen bands performing at Battle of the Bands on Wednesday 6/17 @ 5pm Fairmount. The US Navy Rock Band, too! Mark your calendars… #
- Check out the Today Show’s coverage of why libraries are important: http://tinyurl.com/kpromc – good stuff! #
- Workshops, concerts, and fun – oh my! Stop by the Summer Reading Kick-off Party Saturday 6/13 from 1-5 @ Fairmount. PARTY!!! #
- Teens – last day to enter your band in the 4th Annual Teen Battle of the Bands contest. Pick up entry form at either library. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
“Be Creative @ Your Library” Summer Reading Program Kick-Off Event
Join the Davenport Public Library on Saturday, June 13 at the Fairmount Street Library for an afternoon of fun and entertainment. The event runs from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. with the workshops beginning at 1:00 p.m. Workshops will be presented by Ellis Kell (Music), Rick Eugene (Magic), the DePriest Puppets (Puppeteering), and David and Stacey Houk (Illustrations) and will begin every hour on the hour and will last about 30 minutes. Children who participate will be able to take home a percussion instrument made out of recycled material, a handmade puppet, and their very own magic trick.
Oh yeah – listen up Twilight fans. Groovie wizard rock band, Bella Rocks!, has just been booked to help us celebrate the kickoff of the 2009 Summer Reading Program. Her vampy songs are inspired by the one-and-only Twilight Saga (by Stephenie Meyer), and are comparable to the sounds of Paramore and Avril Lavigne. Mark your calendars now for the party – Saturday, June 13. It all starts at noon – Bella Rocks! will hit the stage at 4:00. Want to know more? Visit www.myspace.com/bellarocksmusic. You can also download her album, “Diary of a Forks Girl,” from iTunes and Amazon.
The day’s events will include Summer Reading Program sign-up, fun and educational workshops, crafts, music, cookies and juice, and a chance to become part of history. Everyone who participates in the writing and illustration area will have a page that will be submitted to a book that will be professionally bound and placed in the Richardson-Sloan Special Collection Department.
Registration is not required for this FREE event! For more information contact Steve Hart at (563) 328-6833 or visit online at www.davenportlibrary.com.
- We’re going to be building a new library soon – how exciting! #
- Thanks WQAD for covering our “Get Your Game On” teen videogaming program! Can’t wait to see the coverage tonight at 5. #
- Join the already more than 30 teens that come to “Get Your Game On” videogaming party every Wednesday at 3 p.m. @ Fairmount. #
- There’s still time to register your band for the Teen Battle of the Bands, happening on June 17 @ Fairmount. Visit http://www.davenportlibrary.com. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.